One particular zomgirl's crypt full of nail polish.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Liquid Lacquer Kashmir


I have three words for you today. Three heart-stopping, brain-blowing, life-altering words.

Led. Zeppelin. Holos.

I die.



Liquid Lacquer's Physical Graffiti collection pays homage to Led Zep with 6 polishes, each inspired by a song on the epic album. And my friends, they are all holos.


     Kashmir, which my cousin likes to subtitle "the song that never ends", is reincarnated as a creamy beige scattered holo. On the cooler side of beige, this definitely works with my undead pallor, but I imagine it plays nice with all skintones. It's also one of those more subtle holos that passes inspection even if you work in place full of stuffed shirts.  Factoid: Jimmy Page teamed up with P.Diddy (then Puff Daddy--starting to date myself here) to play that famous riff from the song as background music for the single Come With Me from 1998's Godzilla.

You're seeing three coats with topcoat and possibly a trace of Robert Plant.
























Application for this one was smooth as Jimmy's guitar. A note on creamy holos in general: as with a regular creme, you'll want to allow for a little more dry time in between coats though, you won't need to wait the 8 1/2-minute length of the actual song after every coat. I didn't really find that topcoat dulled the holo effect at all, though unfortunately my light box did but then again light boxes and holos are just not astrologically compatible. What can you do.

Liquid Lacquer is grabbable at the website and stalkable on Facebook. And in case you were wondering, I have them all (duh) and will worship feature each one in its own separate post!


This polish was purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment